Elevate Your Menu with Trending Flavors & Golden Dipt™ PreDIPT™
Pair four trending flavors with Golden Dipt™ PreDIPT™ batters for easy menu innovation.
Exciting flavors mean repeat customers. From classic to up-and-coming trendy flavors, the Kerry Foodservice Flavor Insights show you which flavor combinations to focus on and how to easily incorporate them into your menu. We have four different ways to incorporate trending flavors with Golden Dipt PreDIPT batters.
Mainstream Featured Flavor: Cheddar Cheese
From cheeseburgers to indulgent mac & cheese, cheddar cheese is a staple across bar and restaurant menus. You can take the ordinary and make it into something unexpected, like fried mac & cheese bites.
Fried Mac & Cheese Recipe
- 1-2 cups of Kettle Collection Mac & Cheese
- 2 cups of Golden Dipt PreDIPT
- 1-2 cups of Golden Dipt Coarse Panko
- 1 cup of Marinara sauce for dipping
How to Make Fried Mac & Cheese
Shape cold Kettle Collection macaroni & cheese into medium-size balls and place onto a waxed paper-lined tray. Freeze macaroni & cheese balls for 2-4 hours. Next prepare the coatings. Set aside a bowl of dry PreDIPT. In a different bowel, mix Golden Dipt PreDIPT and water for a wet mixture. In a third bowl fill with Golden Dipt panko.
- Coat the frozen balls in the dry PreDIPT bowl.
- Dip the dusted macaroni and cheese balls in the wet PreDIPT mixture
- Coat the balls in the Panko until fully covered.
Fry for appx. 2 minutes until golden brown.
Key Featured Flavor: Habanero
Over the past four years, habanero has grown +27% on foodservice menus in the United States. The fiery, spicy taste of habanero peppers plays well with cooling, refreshing flavors like ranch and creamy avocado.
Fiery Avocado Crunchers Recipe
8 medium avocados, seeded and halved.
- 1 ½ cups Cool water
- ½ cup Mango nectar
- ¼ cup Habanero hot sauce
- 2 cup Golden Dipt PreDIPT, divided
- 2 cups Golden Dipt All-Purpose Breader
- 2 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
Mango Habanero Dip:
- 4 Cups Ranch dressing
- 1 Cup Mango nectar
- ½ Cup Habanero hot sauce
How to Make Fiery Avocado Crunchers
- Cut each avocado half into 4 wedges and remove skin. Place wedges on a ½ sheet pan lined with parchment and freeze until frozen solid. Transfer to a container or resealable plastic bag until ready to bread.
- For the Pre-wash: in a medium size bowl, combine the cool water, mango nectar, and hot sauce. whisk in half of the PreDIPT and set aside.
- For the Pre-dip: transfer remaining cup of PreDIPT in a 2” half pan and set aside.
- For the Breading: In a separate 2” half pan, combine All-Purpose Breader and cilantro. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Set up breading station by placing in order, the half pan of PreDIPT, the bowl of Pre-Wash and the Breading mix.
- For Mango Habanero Dip: In a medium bowl, combine dressing, mango nectar and hot sauce until blended. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To Bread Avocado Slices: Place 1 order of frozen avocado wedges (8 wedges) into the pan of PreDIPT. Gently toss to coat completely. Transfer slices to bowl of pre-wash and gently roll slices around to coat completely. Transfer slices to the pan of breading. Gently roll slices in the breading until coated completely. Transfer slices to a fryer basket and fry at 375 degrees for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on towels, then transfer to a plate or basket. Serve with 2 ounces of prepared dip and garnish with cilantro, and lime wedges if desired.
Up-and-Coming Featured Flavor: Red Pesto
Red pesto is typically made from a base of sundried tomatoes or roasted peppers, garlic, nuts, fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Red Pesto is trending as an up-and-coming flavor, according to our 2023 Flavor Insights. It’s great for topping burgers, chicken sandwiches or even in batter for fried shrimp.
Red Pesto Shrimp Recipe
- 40 Large Shrimp (10-15 count), Tail on, Peeled, Deveined and Butterflied
- 3 Cups Golden Dipt PreDIPT
- 2 Cups Cool Water
- ½ Cup Prepared Red Pepper or Tomato Pesto
- 3 Cups Golden Dipt Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 Cup Caesar Salad, or Romaine Lettuce
- Lemon Wedge for Garnish
- Grape Tomatoes for Garnish
How to Make Red Pesto Shrimp:
Pour 1 ½ cups of dry PreDIPT into a 2” half pan and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together water and pesto. Whisk in remaining 1 ½ cups of PreDIPT until smooth and set aside. In another 2” half pan, combine Panko with parsley. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
To Bread Shrimp:
Use one hand to hold one shrimp by the tail, then dip it into dry PreDIPT. Use the other hand to coat the shrimp completely, leaving the tail uncoated. Next dip the shrimp into the pre-wash using the same technique. Transfer the same shrimp to the panko mixture and coat completely, pressing the crumbs into the shrimp if necessary. Transfer shrimp to a lined half sheet pan. Repeat process with remaining shrimp. Refrigerate or freeze shrimp until ready to fry.
Fry 5 shrimp per order in 350-degree oil for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve over romaine heart leaves drizzled with prepared Caesar dressing and grape tomatoes for garnish.
Emerging Featured Flavor Insight: Adobo
Adobo is made from chipotle peppers stewed in a seasoning blend or braise made from vinegar, salt, garlic, paprika and oregano, commonly used in Spanish and Filipino cuisine. It pairs perfectly with a variety of proteins – especially chicken.
Adobo is an emerging flavor on American foodservice menus, with more than half of consumers recognizing the ingredient, and is expected to continue growing as consumers explore more regional, adventurous flavors.
To incorporate adobo into your menu, try our adobo chicken sandwich recipe, which includes adobo sauce, Golden Dipt fried chicken and cooling slaw, all served on your favorite bun.
Adobo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 4 Large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (10-12 ozs.)
- 2 Cups Cool Water
- 1 Cup Prepared Adobo Sauce (paste)
- ½ Cup Golden Dipt PreDIPT
- 1 ½ Cups Golden Dipt Chicken Fry
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Prepared Slaw, Lettuce, Tomato and or Pickles (optional)
- 8 ea. Kaiser or Pretzel Buns, Grilled
- 16 Slices Pepper-jack Cheese
How to Make the Adobo Chicken Sandwich:
Place chicken breasts on a clean cutting board. Cover with plastic wrap. Pound to ½” even thickness, then cut each breast in half crosswise. Each half should be around 5 ozs. In a 2” half pan, whisk together water and adobo sauce. Whisk in ½ cup of PreDIPT until smooth. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat completely. Set aside. Mix 1 ½ cup Chicken Fry and 1 Tbsp. of Chili Powder into another 2” hotel pan. Set aside.
To Coat Chicken: Remove chicken one piece at a time and transfer to the pan of Chicken Fry. Coat well by turning chicken over 2-3 times, pressing Chicken Fry into the chicken. Transfer chicken to a half sheet pan. Repeat coating steps with remaining chicken. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to fry.
To Fry Per Order: Place one coated chicken breast half into a fryer basket and fry for 4 min. at 325 degrees or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels. Spoon slaw of choice or desired condiments on bun bottom. Place fried chicken on top. Place two slices of cheese on top of chicken. Finish with bun top. Serve with sweet potato fries or side of choice.
Looking for more flavor innovation? Download the 2023 Flavor Insights to get an exclusive look at trending flavor and ingredients that will elevate your menu.