Add a touch of nostalgia to your drink menu using state fair classics
When you go to a state fair, food vendors are always finding new and creative ways to keep your stomach full. It’s amazing all the foods that can be stuffed, deep fried, served on a stick – or all three!
But there’s nothing like the classic fair food to provide a sense of comfort and nostalgia.
So why not keep that feeling going by adding fair favorites to your drink menu? That’s right, we said drink menu. You can add these as staple items, or mix-and-match and create LTOs.
This first drink would be a perfect option for dessert, or just a sweet treat.
As an optional garnish, add whipped cream to the top of the drink with a dusting of cinnamon. Top with Cinnamon Toast Crunch Churro cereal for an added treat.
Cotton Candy Margarita
Did someone say cotton candy? This next drink can come with a show for your guests by infusing cotton candy into the drink tableside.
- 3 fl. oz. Island Oasis Margarita
- 3 fl. oz. Water for dilution
- 2 fl. oz. Tequila
- Pink or Blue Cotton Candy
- Pop Rocks
- Directions: Add a handful of cotton candy to a glass, sprinkle with pop rocks. Combine remaining ingredients into an ice filled shaker and shake. Pour over cotton candy glass
Next up is the snow cone, which you can create as a slushie by adjusting the amount of ice you use.
Snow Cone Slushie
- Ice (more ice for a snow cone, less for a slushie consistency)
- Any DaVinci Gourmet Syrup (suggestions: Strawberry, Passion Fruit, Mango, Pina Colada)
- Directions: Blend ice to the wanted consistency and top with the DaVinci Gourmet Syrup to the desired color and flavor
ProTip: The iconic Island Oasis Shaver Blender creates the perfect base for snow cones with the best shaved ice.
State Fair Lemonade
We couldn’t talk about state fair classics without mentioning the ultimate thirst-quencher, lemonade. To put a fresh twist on the tart classic, try adding a pop of flavor and color with lavender.
Optional: You can also make lavender and lemon infused ice cubes. Place quartered lemon pieces and dried or fresh lavender in an ice cube tray. Add water to top and allow to freeze. Use these in the glasses for a decadent alternative to classic ice cubes.
You can keep your drink menu innovation going all year along by checking in with the Island Oasis Margarita of the Month and DaVinci Gourmet Tasty Trends. View recipes and find inspiration for on-trend drinks that keep your customers coming back for more!