Mixing the spice of Habanero with the cool creaminess of avocado provides is a winning combination. Save time and money by breading back-of-house using Golden Dipt to create this standout dish with less prep and less waste.
8 Medium Avocados (Seeded and Halved)
1 ½ Cups Cool Water
½ Cup Mango Nectar
¼ Cup Habanero Hot Sauce
2 Cups Golden Dipt Pre-Dipt
2 Cups Golden Dipt All-Purpose Breader
2 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
Mango Habanero Dip:
4 Cups Ranch dressing
1 Cup Mango Nectar
½ Cup Habanero Hot Sauce
1. Cut each avocado half into 4 wedges and remove skin. Place wedges on a ½ sheet pan lined with parchment and freeze until frozen solid. Transfer to a container or resealable plastic bag until ready to bread.
2. For the Pre-Wash: In a medium size bowl, combine the cool water, mango nectar, and hot sauce. Whisk in half of the Pre-Dipt and set aside.
3. For the Pre-Dip: Transfer remaining cup of Pre-Dipt in a 2” half pan and set aside.
4. For the Breading: In a separate 2” half pan, combine All-Purpose Breader and cilantro. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
5. Set up breading station by placing in order, the half pan of Pre-Dipt, the bowl of Pre-Wash and the Breading mix.
6. For Mango Habanero Dip: In a medium bowl, combine dressing, mango nectar and hot sauce until blended. Transfer to a container, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. To bread avocado slices: Place 1 order of frozen avocado wedges (8 wedges) into the pan of Pre-Dipt. Gently toss to coat completely. Transfer slices to bowl of Pre-wash and gently roll slices around to coat completely. Transfer slices to the pan of breading. Gently roll slices in the breading until coated completely. Transfer slices to a fryer basket and fry at 375 degrees for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on towels, then transfer to a plate or basket. Serve with 2 oz. of prepared dip and garnish with cilantro, and lime wedges if desired.