The holidays are a time for a lot of things - family, friends and of course, eating and drinking all of your holiday favorites. If you're serving pie this holiday season, we have the perfect beverage suggestions to complement each dessert.
Cherry pairs well with a variety of flavors. Nutty notes like almond, coconut and pecan all work well, as well as savory flavors like fennel, pepper and even vinegar. Combine cherry with other fruity flavors like apricot, lemon, lime, melon, orange and raspberry. Other great flavors include allspice, amaretto, bourbon, caramel, dark and white chocolate, cinnamon, ice cream, honey, oats, rose and vanilla.
Cherry Vanilla Bourbon Steamer | 8 oz mug
- 0.75 oz DaVinci Gourmet Vanilla Syrup
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 1 bar spoon cherry liqueur
- 5 oz steamed milk
- Directions: Garnish with orange zest and powdered allspice
Amaretto Affogato | bowl
- 0.5 oz DaVinci Gourmet Amaretto Syrup
- 2 oz half and half
- 1 oz espresso
- Mix together, pour over ice cream
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Directions: Top with a touch of whipped cream and light passing of cinnamon powder, serve with a spoon
- Tip: for home you can use a Moka Pot to make an espresso-like coffee. You may also enjoy cold brewed coffee
Apple complements warming spices like cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg and nutty flavors like almond, pecan and walnut. It also works well with bacon, caramel, cream, honey, lemon, maple, oats, pineapple, pumpkin, raisin, rum, vanilla and yogurt.
Salted Caramel Apple Cider | 12 oz mug
Spicy Mulled Cider | half gallon batch
- 4 oz DaVinci Gourmet Pumpkin Pie Syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 coins of chopped ginger
- 0.5 tsp allspice
- 1 lemon wedge, juiced
- 2 quarts apple juice or apple cider
Directions: Allow all ingredients to simmer but not boil, or leave in a crockpot to stay warm. Use whole lemon wedge. Filter before serving.
Caramelized Bacon Milkshake | 16 oz
- 1 oz DaVinci Gourmet Hawaiian Salted Caramel Syrup
- 2 strips crispy and cooled bacon
- 2 oz milk
- 1.5 cups vanilla ice cream
Directions: Blend together
- Tip: Using a blender is best so the bacon is mixed well. Otherwise make sure to have bacon pre-cut to small pebbles.
Pumpkin is a fall favorite in desserts and drinks alike. Just like apple, pumpkin pairs well with spices like cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger and nutmeg. It also complements flavors like caramel, cream, maple, oats, pecan, vanilla and walnut.
Dirty Chai | 16 oz mug
Chai Old Fashioned | 8 oz rocks glass
Pecan pie is another staple for any holiday meal. Pecan pairs well with flavors that have burnt or brown notes like brown sugar, butterscotch, caramel and maple. Pecan also complements apple, cardamom, cinnamon, clove, peach, plum, pumpkin and rum.
Krage'd Hot Cider | 8 oz
Pumpkin Pecan Pie Latte
These are just a few suggestions of fun beverages to pair with pies. For more holiday food and drink inspiration, visit our recipes section.